Pampered Chef Recipes
Sky High Biscuits with Raspberry Butter
Yield: 15 servings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine the butter and raspberries in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Chill, covered, for several hours before serving.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Add the milk and egg, stirring just until moistened. Knead the dough lightly on a lightly floured surface. Pat 1 inch thick. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Arrange the biscuits in a greased 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown.
- Serve warm with the butter.
Bake the biscuits on a greased baking sheet for crusty biscuits.
Per Serving: Calories 247; Fat 17 g; Sodium 393 mg; Dietary Fiber 2g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef