Sky High Biscuits with Raspberry Butter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Raspberry Butter: Combine the butter and raspberries in a blender
or food processor. Process until smooth. Chill, covered, for several hours before
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Biscuits: Mix the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking
powder, cream of tartar and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
Add the milk and egg, stirring just until moistened. Knead the dough lightly
on a lightly floured surface. Pat 1 inch thick. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
Arrange the biscuits in a greased 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown.
- Serve warm with the butter.
Yield: 15 servings
Per Serving: Calories 247; Fat 17 g; Sodium 393 mg; Dietary Fiber 2 g
Cook's note: Bake the biscuits on a greased baking sheet for crusty biscuits.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes