Spring Bonnet Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring (optional)
- 13 vanilla cream-filled sandwich cookies
- 2 fruit snack roll-ups (3 feet long each) in desired color
- Assorted candies
- Candy spearmint leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray inside of classic batter bowl (Pampered
chef) or a glass bowl that can be baked in.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour into batter bowl
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool cake for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Turn batter bowl upside down onto a plate. Remove bowl and let cake cool
completely before decorating.
- To assemble bonnet, set cake, with large end down, on serving platter. Tint
frosting with food coloring to desired color. Using a spatula spread cake with
two-thirds of the frosting. Surround bottom of cake with cookies to form the
brim of the bonnet.
- To decorate bonnet, remove fruit roll up from paper. Starting at center
of the fruit roll, place roll around bottom of cake, crisscrossing ends to resemble
a ribbon. Make a bow with remaining fruit roll and place at crisscross. Trim
ends of ribbons. Use candies to make flowers and decorations on bonnet.
- Add vanilla cream filled cookies around cake to form brim and decorate.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.