This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sugar Plum Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake and biscuit mix
- 1 apple
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 (16.5 ounce) can purple plums, drained
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place melted butter into bottom of deep-dish baker. Sprinkle brown sugar
evenly over butter.
- Peel apple with apple peeler/corer/slices. Separate apple into rings. Layer
apple rings over sugar mixture; do not overlap rings.
- Cut plums in half and remove seeds. Place a plum half in each apple ring
center, rounded side down. Place remaining plum halves in deep-dish baker around
- Chop walnuts with food chopper and sprinkle over plums.
- In bowl, combine biscuit mix, egg, sugar and milk with whisk. Spread evenly
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes and invert onto serving tray.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef