This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sunrise Oven Omelet
- 16 round mini frozen home-style waffles thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4%) small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Thaw waffles at room temperature 10 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray Deep Dish Pie Plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain broccoli on paper towel. Chop bell pepper and green onion with Food
Chopper. Combine broccoli, bell pepper, green onion and 3/4 cup of the Cheddar
cheese in Small Batter Bowl. Mix gently.
- Sprinkle veggie mixture evenly over bottom of pie plate. Arrange waffles
slightly overlapping around edge of pie plate; press lightly into veggie mixture.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, vigorously whisk cottage cheese, flour and 1 egg
using Stainless Steel Whisk until well blended. Whisk in remaining eggs, milk,
salt and pepper. Pour over veggie mixture.
- Cover edge of waffles with 2 to 3 inch wide strips of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes.
Substitute 4 round frozen home-style waffles thawed and cut into quarters for
miniature waffles if desired.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef