Sweet 'n' Toasty Pockets
- 1/4 cup (3 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 loaf soft white or wheat bread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine ricotta cheese, sugar, spices and vanilla extract in bowl.
- Chop nuts with food chopper. Add nuts and raisins to cheese mixture. Place
a scant teaspoon of filling in center of a piece of bread. Cover with another
slice. Cut and seal the 2 layers of bread with 3-inch cut-n-seal. Brush the
tarts lightly with melted butter.
- Bake on 13-inch baking stone for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar.
Variation: One 3 ounce package of cream cheese, softened, can be substituted
for ricotta cheese.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef