- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 4 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 (10 to 12-count) packages corn tortillas
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 16 ounces sour cream mixed with 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large saucepan, cook beef until brown and drain well. Add taco seasoning,
garlic, pepper and water. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal in bottom of 9 x 13-inch Baker. Place 6 tortillas
in bottom of pan overlapping and extending up edges slightly.
- Layer in following order:
1 cup salsa
1/2 of meat mixture (2 cup)
1/2 cup green onions
1 cup sour cream mixture
2 cups combined cheese
- Repeat starting again with 6 tortillas, salsa, meat, green onions, sour
cream and 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 10-12 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.