This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Tex-Mex Chicken Melts
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated French bread dough
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated, divided (1 cup)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using Kitchen Spritzer, lightly spray inside of Bread Tube and caps with
vegetable oil. Cap bottom of Bread Tube; fill tube with dough. Place cap on
- Bake, upright, for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube onto Nonstick Cooling Rack.
- Cut bread into 20 (1/4-inch) slices with Serrated Bread Knife. Arrange slices
on Rectangle Stone.
- Chop onion using Food Chopper. Chop bell pepper using Utility Knife. Grate
cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, 1/2 cup of
the cheese, mayonnaise, Seasoning Mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press;
- Using Medium Scoop, divide filling evenly among bread slices. Slice tomatoes
using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade. Place one tomato
slice over filling on each bread slice. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears.
- In Small Batter Bowl, toss remaining cheese and parsley to combine. Sprinkle
over tomato slices.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 20 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef