This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Tiramisu Cream Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut an 18-inch piece of parchment paper and
press into bottom and up sides of stoneware bar pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions, pour over parchment spreading
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
Remove to nonstick cooling rack.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder over cake using flour/sugar shaker.
Place a sheet of parchment over cake and then place cooling rack on top of paper.
Carefully turn cake out onto papered rack. Remove pan and paper from cooked
side of cake. Roll cake from short side. Cool completely.
- Soften ice cream in refrigerator, about 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk coffee granules and remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
into hot water until dissolved. Whisk in powdered sugar until completely blended.
- Unroll cake; leave on parchment. Using pastry brush, brush cake with coffee
mixture. Place chocolate morsels in deluxe cheese grater; grate evenly over
cake. Using ice cream dipper, scoop ice cream over grated chocolate; spread
evenly to 1 inch of edges. Re-roll cake, removing parchment as you roll. Wrap
cake in heavy duty aluminum foil and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, let wrapped cake stand at room temperature for 10 to
20 minutes to soften.
- Cut into 1-inch slices using serrated bread knife.
- Garnish slices with whipped topping and additional grated chocolate or cocoa
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef