- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine biscuit mix and milk.
- Spray springform pan with vegetable oil spray. Spread biscuit mix evenly
- Chop onion.
- Brown ground turkey in skillet. Drain excess liquid. Add onion, garlic,
seasonings, and tomato sauce to turkey. Combine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread turkey mixture over biscuit mi. Layer spinach over meat mixture.
Top spinach layer with cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife gently around collar before removal.
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef