This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Tres Leches Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 strawberry for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick
- Combine cake mix, eggs and water; whisk using Stainless Steel Whisk until
well blended. Spoon batter into baker.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out
- Remove baker from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
- Using Serrated Bread Knife, gently slice crown from top of cake to expose
interior of cake. (Discard trimmings.)
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine evaporated milk, sour cream, condensed milk
and vanilla; whisk until well blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Slowly pour
milk mixture evenly over cake; let stand 5 minutes or until mixture is completely
absorbed into cake.
- Spread half of the whipped topping over cake using Large Spreader; sprinkle
lightly with cinnamon using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Attach open star tip to Easy
Accent(R) Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe a decorative
border over top of cake.
- Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over border. If desired,
create strawberry fan using Egg Slicer Plus (R); garnish cake.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol
60 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 0 g
To create a strawberry fan using the Egg Slicer Plus, open the slicer and
place the strawberry stem end down; slice most of the way through strawberry
with the wires. Remove the strawberry from the wires and gently fan out the
To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in Small Oval Baker;
microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second
interval. Cool completely.
Other Pampered Chef recipes you may like...
Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake
No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake
Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef