Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
(4 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/4
cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray bottom only of Medium Bar Pan with
nonstick cooking spray.
- For brownies, in Small Batter Bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt;
- Place butter and chocolate in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered,
on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Microwave an additional 15-30 seconds or until chocolate
is completely melted, stirring after 15 seconds.
- Stir brown sugar into chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Add eggs, water and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; mix until well blended. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out almost
clean. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
- For frosting, place chocolate in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave, uncovered,
on HIGH 1 minute to 1 minute, 15 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth,
stirring after each 15-second interval. Add whipped topping; microwave on HIGH
15 seconds and stir until completely blended. Add powdered sugar; mix until
smooth. Immediately spread frosting evenly over cooled brownie using Small Spreader.
- Let stand until frosting is set; cut into bars.
Yield: 24 bars