- 1 (18-19 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix in Batter Bowl according to package directions. Pour half
of the batter into greased 9 x 13-inch Baker.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While cake is baking, melt caramels with milk and butter in Microwave Saucepan
or double boiler, stirring until smooth. Slowly pour caramel mixture over partially
baked cake. Spread evening with Super Scraper.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and 1/2 cup pecans over caramel mixture. Pour remaining
cake batter over top, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool before slicing.
Yields: 24 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.