This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate for baking
- 1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl;
beat until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.
- Melt butter in Family Skillet over medium heat, tilting Skillet to coat
bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of Skillet, spreading evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Loosen edges
of cake with Skinny Scraper and carefully invert cake onto heat-proof serving
- Chop chocolate using Crinkle Cutter. Combine half of the caramel topping
with chocolate in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 to 60
seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Carefully spread
caramel fudge glaze over cake using Large Spreader.
- Chop pecans using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over glaze. Drizzle with
remaining caramel sauce, if desired.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper or whipped topping using
Easy Accent? Decorator.
- Serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol
85 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef