This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Ultimate Banana Split Cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box banana cream instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup peanuts, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained and patted dry
- 7 whole strawberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix using Stainless
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour batter into lightly greased
Deep Dish Baker.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly
pressed. Cool 10 minutes.
- Invert onto Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool completely.
- Brush clean Deep Dish Baker with vegetable oil.
- Chop 1/2 cup of the peanuts using Food Chopper.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine peanuts with butterscotch caramel topping
using Skinny Scraper; pour into bottom of Baker; microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2
minutes or until warm. Tilt Baker to coat bottom with caramel mixture. Place
cake, right side up, into baker. Press down around edge to allow caramel mixture
to come up sides of cake. Carefully invert cake onto Round Platter. Scrape any
remaining topping from Baker onto cake; smooth surface using Large Spreader.
- In Small Micro-cooker, microwave chocolate morsels on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2
minutes, stirring after each 20-second interval or until melted and smooth.
- Pipe 12 flower-shaped decorations onto Parchment Paper. Place one of the
remaining peanuts in center of each flower. Slide parchment onto chilled platter;
set aside (or place in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until set).
- Slice banana using Egg Slicer Plus; place 12 slices evenly around top edge
of cake. Drizzle remaining chocolate in a zigzag pattern over banana slices.
- Fill Easy Accent Decorator with whipped topping, pipe 12 rosettes slightly
overlapping banana slices. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate remaining peanuts
over rosettes. Cut 3 pineapple slices into quarters using Paring Knife. Place
one quarter next to each rosette.
- Slice 6 of the strawberries in half; place against side of cake below banana
slices. Slice remaining strawberry using Egg Slicer Plus to create a strawberry
fan; place in center of cake. Place one chocolate flower decoration on each
- Slice cake using Utility Knife that has been dipped in hot water.
- Serve with ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper, if desired.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef