As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/3 cup very warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 - 4 cups flour
- In measuring cup, combine warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand 5 minutes
stirring occasionally until mixture is foamy.
- In large bowl, combine milk, butter, and salt. Add yeast mixture to bowl
and stir to combine. Add 2 1/2 cups flour and stir. Stir in as much of remaining
flour as necessary to form soft dough. Turn onto lightly floured board and knead
for 7 minutes. Shape dough into smooth ball. Put into greased bowl, turning
once to grease top. Cover with plastic wrap. Place bowl in warm, draft-free
place to rise until double in bulk.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough in half, roll into log 3 to 4 inches shorter
than the Valtrompia Bread Tube, and insert in tube.
- Cap and bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Remove from tube to cool.
Yield: 2 Valtrompia loaves
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes