Valtrompia Style Cinnamon Raisin Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup very warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 to 4 cups flour
- In measuring cup, stir warm water, 1 teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast.
Let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is foamy (if no foam
forms, start again).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together milk, egg, butter, cinnamon, salt
and remaining sugar. Stir in yeast mixture and raisins. Stir in 2 cups of the
flour. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as necessary to form a soft dough.
Turn onto floured board, knead 7 minutes using as much of the remaining flour
as necessary until dough is no longer sticky. Place in a greased bowl, turning
dough to completely coat it. Cover dough with plastic wrap and set in a warm
draft free place to rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down and divide in half. Roll each half into a log 2 inches shorter
than mold. Place in mold (greased or un-greased): cap on each end.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 1 hour or until bread sounds hollow
- Remove from mold to cool.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes