Zucchini Deep Dish Pie
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (3-4 small)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange evenly
in Deep Dish Baker with points toward the center. Using lightly floured Baker's
Roller™, roll dough over bottom to seal seams. Press dough halfway up sides
to form a crust. Spread mustard over bottom of crust.
- Filling: Slice zucchini using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with
adjustable thin slicing blade.
- Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper.
- Melt butter in Family (12-inch) Skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and
stir zucchini, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper for 4-5
minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- Whisk eggs in Classic Batter Bowl. Stir in cheese. Add vegetable mixture;
mix well. Pour vegetable mixture over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol
85 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 650 mg, Fiber 1 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.