Zucchini Tapas Omelette
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 3 ounces asadero cheese, grated (3/4 cup), divided
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Slice zucchini using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with adjustable thin
- Chop onion using Food Chopper. Set vegetables aside.
- Whisk eggs using Stainless Steel Whisk in Classic Batter Bowl. Grate 1/2
cup cheese into batter bowl using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add garlic pressed with
Garlic Press; mix well. Set egg mixture aside.
- Lightly spray Family Skillet with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Arrange
zucchini slices in skillet. Sprinkle onion, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt
over zucchini. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cover skillet with Clear View
Glass Lid; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10-12 minutes or until eggs have
set. Remove skillet from heat.
- Loosen edges of Omelette with Skinny Scraper. Carefully invert omelette
onto Large Round Platter.
- Core tomatoes using The Corer to remove seeds. Finely chop tomatoes using
Chef's Knife. Sprinkle tomatoes over top.
- Grate remaining cheese over top.
- Serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 90, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol
130 mg, Carbohydrates 2 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 170 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: This recipe makes a great light supper or lunch when served with
a fresh green salad, and can be served either warm or cold.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef