Angel Hair with Shrimp Sesame Sauce
- 8 ounces angel hair (capellini) - uncooked
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and
cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chutney
- 2 tablespoons toasted
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 pound
frozen medium shrimp, thawed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; two minutes before pasta is done,
add asparagus pieces. When pasta and asparagus are done, drain.
- Place oil, garlic and mushrooms in a 2-quart saucepan. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, chutney, toasted sesame seeds, scallions
and vinegar. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the sauce and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Toss shrimp and sauce with pasta and asparagus and serve.
Recipe and photo credit: National Pasta Association.