Bacon and Tomato Pasta
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 16 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large stock pot, boil 3 quarts of water, when boiling add 2 tablespoons
kosher salt and the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add bacon and saute until bacon is crispy.
Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and remove 3/4 of the bacon fat
from the pan.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, onions, and red chili flakes. Cook until
onions are translucent, add garlic, cook for 2 minutes then add tomatoes. Saute
for 5 minutes, then deglaze with wine.
- Drain pasta and add to the tomato mixture pan. Add basil and bacon. Toss with
Parmesan, and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.
Source: Guy Fieri
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.