- 2 1/2 cups dried cavatelli or wagon-wheel macaroni (about 7 ounces)
- 12 ounces fresh mild or hot Italian sausage links, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook cavatelli about 12 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is brown;
remove from skillet. Drain fat.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella
cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper. Add the cooked pasta, sausage and onion mixture.
Toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees F oven for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 418 cal, 17 g total fat (6 g sat fat),
50 mg chol, 1268 mg sodium, 46 g carb, 3 g fiber, 20 g pro
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.