Baked Macaroni and Brie
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 7 ounces brie, rind removed (about 6 ounce without rind) and cut into chunks
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cracker or fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a medium casserole dish or 4 individual 2-cup
dishes and set aside.
- Boil pasta to al dente. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-low
heat. Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, to form a
golden brown roux.
- Stir in milk and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, then reduce heat
to low. Add cheese and continue to stir until melted and smooth. Salt and pepper
- Toss in drained pasta; combine very well, making sure the sauce soaks the pasta
thoroughly. Pour into buttered dishes.
- Stir together bread or cracker crumbs with 3 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle
evenly over dishes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.