Baked Macaroni Western Style
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced green chile
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, warm the milk and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat, or in
a glass measuring cup in a microwave oven for about 2 minutes. Do not boil.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter and add flour, stirring until a paste forms.
Pour the warmed milk into the butter mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until
thick and creamy. Add cheese a little at a time, stirring until melted. Stir in
tomatoes, chile and seasonings.
- Combine the hot macaroni and the sauce, blending well. Pour into a buttered,
2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, or
until top is nicely browned.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.