Baked Ziti 2 (T&T)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon leaf basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces ziti, cooked and drained
- Saute onion in oil until it's tender. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water,
oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta and 1/2 of the mozzarella in a large bowl. Add cooked ziti and
half of the sauce. Stir. Turn into a prepared casserole dish. Pour on the remaining
sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/5/2002 6:36 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.