Beef and Asparagus Pasta Toss
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots. about 2 large
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add asparagus; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Pour off drippings.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shallots and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add beef; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine with pasta and asparagus; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 502 cal., 32 g fat (10 g sat), 82 mg chol., 27 g carb., 28 g pro., 3 g fiber, 154 mg sodium