Blackened Shrimp Alfredo
- 8–10 fresh basil leaves (rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 pound peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed, if needed)
large zip-top bag
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 8 ounces
steak-topper vegetables (fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
cup cream sherry
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan/Romano
- Fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for
pasta. Chop basil finely (2 tablespoons); set aside.
- Heat large sauté pan on high 1–2 minutes. Place Italian seasoning, blackening
seasoning, and shrimp in zip-top bag; seal tightly and shake to coat.
- Place oil in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Arrange shrimp flat in pan in a single
layer (wash hands); cook 2 minutes without turning, to sear shrimp on one side.
- Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until
- Add vegetables to sauté pan. Rotate shrimp to top; cover and cook 3–4 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (including basil); cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until sauce is smooth.
- Drain pasta; return to saucepan. Add shrimp mixture to pasta, toss to coat, and
cook 1–2 more minutes, stirring often, or until flavors are blended and sauce is
Calories (per 1/4 recipe) 640k cal; fat 29g; chol 240mg; sodium 1170mg; carb
54g; fiber 2g; protein 36g; Vit A 25%; Vit C 80%; calc 15%; iron 25%