Bow Ties in Sausage and Pepper Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Contadina® Diced Tomatoes
- 8 ounces Contadina® Garlic &
Onion Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounces dried bow ties pasta
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage,
cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 sweet peppers green,
yellow and/or red, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook sausage and onion in large nonstick skillet until sausage is lightly
- browned; drain. Add peppers; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil; reduce
Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; heat through.
- Sprinkle with
cheese. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds, if desired.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 25 min | 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
©Del Monte Corporation.