Bow Ties in Sausage and Pepper Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Contadina® Diced Tomatoes
- 8 ounces Contadina® Garlic & Onion Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounces dried bow ties pasta
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 sweet peppers green, yellow and/or red, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook sausage and onion in large nonstick skillet until sausage is lightly browned; drain. Add peppers; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds, if desired.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 5 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: ©Del Monte Corporation