Broken Noodles with Tomato
Sauce and Ricotta
- 4 cups homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) package pappardelle
(wide pasta), broken into large pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring sauce and 2 cups water to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Add noodles and simmer, stirring frequently, until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with a dollop of ricotta, basil and sprinkle of pepper.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 418 Fat 8 g Carbohydrates 70
g Saturated fat 2 g Protein 16 g Dietary fiber 6 g
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune