Buttery Garlic Pasta with Tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons
- 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup panko (Japanese- style) breadcrumbs
- 1 large
tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan
cheese, to garnish
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until
just al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes. The pasta should be cooked, but still slightly
firm at the center. Drain, then return to the pot.
- Drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat evenly, then set aside.
- Once the pasta has cooked, in a large sauté pan over medium-high, melt the butter.
Add the garlic, capers and red pepper flakes, then sauté for 1 minute. Add the breadcrumbs
and sauté for another minute. Add the pasta and use tongs to toss well to coat with
the breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and top with the diced tomatoes.
with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information per serving: 709 cal., 185 g fat (8 g sat), 28 mg
chol., 109 g carb., 23 g pro., 6 g fiber, 458 mg sodium