Cheese-Filled Jumbo Shells
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo shells
- 4 cups (32 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced or shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Prepare pasta as directed on package, cooking 9 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold
water, drain and arrange in single layer to fill.
- Meanwhile, mix together cheeses, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Fill
cooked shells with cheese mixture.
- Cover bottom of roasting pan with some of the sauce. Arrange filled shells in
single layer in the pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells and bake at 350 degrees
F for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.