Chef Richard's Seafood Pasta Supreme
This recipe makes enough for a small crowd or several meals. You may divide it
to make smaller amounts if necessary. It is soooo good!
- 1 pound fresh-cooked Dungeness crabmeat (shelled)
- 1 pound fresh large prawns
(shelled and de-veined)
- 1 pound fresh Bay or rock scallops (shelled)
- 1 large
Vidalia or Walla-Walla sweet onion (thin sliced or medium dice)
- 1 medium green
bell pepper (medium dice)
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper (medium dice)
- 1 head fresh garlic, minced (no such thing as "too much garlic")
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms (wild or domestic - sliced or whole)
- 2 tablespoons virgin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (regular or lite)
- 3 jars prepared Alfredo sauce
or make your own.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds pasta (fettuccini,
linguini, large shells, etc.) of your choice.
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- In a large stainless-steel pot, glass bowl, or wok, sauté the onion, bell peppers,
mushrooms and garlic in the olive and sesame oils. (Ummm-um, what a great aroma!)
- Add rice vinegar, soy sauce, and continue to cook till all ingredients just begin
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add the shrimp, crab, scallops, Parmesan
cheese, Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Simmer till shrimp is just cooked. DO NOT
OVERCOOK IT, PLEASE !
- Serve over the pasta of choice and garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro leaves.
Shared with Recipe Goldmine by Chef Richard Thaxton.
Caesar salad, garlic bread and a bottle of fine wine round out the meal nicely.
Chef's Notes: I have had rave reviews, compliments, and many requests for
this one. As you know, most good cooks don't measure as much as cook by feel
and taste. This recipe may be added to or modified at the cook's discretion.
However, I think they should try it first, as written, and then make modifications