Chicken and Pasta Bake
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces shell macaroni, uncooked
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute first 5 ingredients in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in
tomatoes, basil, salt and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Combine pasta, vegetable mixture
and chicken in a large bowl; spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine whipping cream and cheeses in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat until
cheese melts, stirring frequently. Pour sauce over pasta mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.