This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 10 to 12 chicken breasts
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound vermicelli
- 3 pounds processed cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (17 ounce) can English peas, drained
- In a large pot, boil chicken pieces until tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Cool
meat in broth; reserve broth. Supplement reserved broth with canned broth to make
3 quarts. Remove skin and bones and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium skillet, saute peppers and onions in butter or margarine until soft.
- In a very large pot, bring broth to a boil and cook vermicelli in broth until
tender. Do not overcook. Leave vermicelli in broth. Add cheese cut in chunks. Stir
until melted. Add Ro*Tel, Worcestershire, mushrooms, peas, onion mixture and chicken.
Pour into 1 large or several small casserole dishes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Yields 16 servings.