- 10 to 12 chicken breasts
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound vermicelli
- 3 pounds processed cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (17 ounce) can English peas, drained
- In a large pot, boil chicken pieces until tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Cool
meat in broth; reserve broth. Supplement reserved broth with canned broth to make
3 quarts. Remove skin and bones and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium skillet, saute peppers and onions in butter or margarine until soft.
- In a very large pot, bring broth to a boil and cook vermicelli in broth until
tender. Do not overcook. Leave vermicelli in broth. Add cheese cut in chunks. Stir
until melted. Add Ro*Tel, Worcestershire, mushrooms, peas, onion mixture and chicken.
Pour into 1 large or several small casserole dishes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Yields 16 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.