- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 5 tablespoons light cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 2 cups or more chicken, cooked and chopped
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 package noodles, cooked in chicken broth
- Saute green pepper and onions in butter. Add soup, thinned with light cream.
Add 1/2 cup cheese to sauce. Add all other ingredients, including seasonings to
taste and omitting noodles. Mix well and let thicken. Set aside.
- Cook noodles in chicken broth saved from cooking chicken.
- In greased 13 x 9-inch casserole, place layers of noodles, chicken and sauce
mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.