This is a Utica, New York favorite!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium hot pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon OR 2 cubes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked and drained
- In a large pot, melt butter and add chicken. Cook over medium heat until tender.
Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions and continue cooking until
soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon, sauce, heavy cream and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat,
cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add olives and simmer 5 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water until it dissolves.
Add to the sauce, stirring continuously until it thickens. When thickened, mix sauce
with rigatoni in deep bowl and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Posted by margeslp at Recipe Goldmine Monday Jan 8th, 2007 03:40 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.