This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 level teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces*
- 2 (16 ounce) can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes
or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, crumbling the beef; drain.
- Stir in tomato juice, water, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring
to a boil. Add spaghetti. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-13 minutes or until
pasta is tender.
- Stir in beans; heat through.
- Top servings with sour cream and cheese, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly.