- 18 ounces medium shells, elbow macaroni or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno
pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded low-sodium Cheddar cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in large pot and heat until
onion is cooked. When pasta is done, drain well. Transfer to a serving bowl. Add
contents of pot and toss gently until well combined.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on
top and serve immediately.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.
Per Serving: 305 Calories; 5g Fat; 13g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary
Fiber; 9mg Cholesterol; 648mg Sodium