Cinnamon Beef Noodles
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups rice wine or sake
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 cups hot cooked wide noodles or vermicelli(about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Combine water, rice wine, soy sauce and sugar in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add half the
beef, browning on all sides. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil
- Return beef to pan; add water mixture, onions, garlic, cinnamon and ginger. Bring
to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours.
- Discard ginger slices and cinnamon. Stir in spinach; cook 3 minutes or until
- Serve over noodles.
Yields 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.