A little crab goes a long way with this creamy sauce. White wine and lemon juice
help to cut the richness of the evaporated milk.
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound Dungeness
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a skillet combine chicken broth and white wine. Boil until reduced to 1/3
cup. Remove from heat and slowley whisk in half-and-half and evaporated milk, stirring
constantly until blended.
- Return to heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced
to 1 1/3 cups.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 teaspoons softened butter and flour, slowly whisk into the
milk mixture, Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened and no lumps remain.
(If sauce is to thick add more half-and-half or milk.)
- Add crab, chopped parsley,
chopped green onion, salt and lemon juice. Reduce heat and cook until crab is heated
- Meanwhile, cook linguini according to package directions. Toss with 1 tablespoon
butter and grated parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and toss until evenly
Source: © 2007 FamilyOven LLC