Crab and Roasted Red Pepper Rosé Sauce Rigatoni
With only a splash of cream, this rosé sauce with roasted red peppers is rich but not heavy. Experiment by trying it with crab as directed, scallops or lobster.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 ounces rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each chile flakes and salt
- 2 tablespoons. tomato paste
- 3/4 cup/6 ounces passata (strained tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup/2 ounces 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup/6 ounces crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, roasted peppers, garlic, chili flakes and salt for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to blender along with passata; purée until smooth.
- Return to skillet; bring to simmer. Stir in cream and simmer for about 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in crab; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to skillet; toss until well coated. Stir in chives.
To roast red peppers: Broil peppers on foil-lined tray until charred all over. Transfer to bowl; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove skin. (Alternatively, grill peppers over high heat.)
Calories 296 kcal
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pasta Association
A SharethePasta.org original recipe.