- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 1 summer squash, small dice
- 1 zucchini, small dice
- 2 teaspoons mixed fresh herbs
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, remove all shells
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 bunch green onions
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 pounds semolina flour
- 1 pound all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 eggs and enough water to total 16 ounces liquid
Lemon Basil Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound whole butter (cut into cubes)
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (cut into strips)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crabmeat Filling: Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add
yellow onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash and zucchini,
cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, white pepper, mixed herbs and green onions. Cook additional 5
minutes. Remove mixture from heat, pour into colander to drain all liquid. Once
mixture has cooled, add crabmeat and bread crumbs. Season to taste.
- Ravioli Pasta: Combine all ingredients and use pasta maker. If no machine
is available, roll out dough to desire thickness and cut into two even sheets.
Lightly egg wash the bottom sheet and then place balls of filling 2 1/2 inches
apart. Cover filling with the remaining sheet of pasta (do not egg wash) and
cut into equal squares. Use your fingers to press edges together (removing any
air pockets) and place on cornmeal dusted cookie sheet. Sprinkle ravioli with
cornmeal and proceed to cooking instructions.
- To Cook Pasta: Place ravioli in boiled salted water and cook for 3 1/2 to
4 minutes, then drain. Add cooked ravioli to sauce as directed.
- Lemon Basil Butter Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine white wine, rice
vinegar, lemon juice and shallots. Over medium heat reduce until syrupy. Add
cream and reduce by half. Adjust heat to low. Whisk in one cube of butter at
a time, making sure each cube of butter is melted before you add the next, until
all the butter is incorporated. Strain and season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Toss cooked raviolis in sauce and serve immediately.
Serves 5 (approximately 25 ravioli).
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/20/2001 10:20 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.