Creamy Artichoke Pasta
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon
ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al
dente. Drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place olive
oil, butter, and liquid from artichoke hearts in skillet. Cut artichoke hearts into
bite-size pieces. When olive oil mixture is hot, add onion and garlic. Sauté until
soft and lightly browned.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and sauté until heated through.
Season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper,and oregano. Remove from heat and
stir in cottage cheese and sour cream. Toss mixture with cooked pasta and top with
Makes 4 servings.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/11/2002 6:56 pm.