Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine (cooked according to package directions), drained
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shrimp and boil for 1 minute or until shrimps turn pink. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon; continue boiling shrimp liquid.
- Add broth and garlic to saucepan. Boil until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 12 minutes.
- Add mushrooms (if using), whipping cream, basil and salt. Simmer sauce over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place fettucine in a large bowl. Add shrimp to saucepan and heat for 1 minute.
- Spoon shrimp/sauce mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.