Crispy Mascarpone Rigatoni
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cup (12 ounces) Wisconsin ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (about 3 ounces) Wisconsin Romano cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Wisconsin provolone cheese, shaved
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mascarpone, ricotta, Romano, mint and
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and water together.
- Dip rigatoni into egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs; being sure to coat ends well.
- Pour 1/4 inch olive oil in bottom of large saute pan. Heat oil over medium heat.
- Fry rigatoni until crisp on each side, about 1 minute. Remove and drain on paper
- Pipe refrigerated cheese filling into fried rigatoni and place in baking pan;
bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce.
- Place a dollop of sauce on small plate and place
5 stuffed rigatoni on top at various angles.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Sprinkle with shaved provolone.
Servings: 12 (5 pieces per serving)
By Chef Jasper Mirabile, Jr.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.