- 4 ounces fine noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to 1 1/2 quarts water. Bring to a boil. Cook noodles
in boiling water until done.
- While noodles cook, cook and stir ground beef and onion in large skillet until
meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in drained noodles, celery, ketchup, mushrooms (with liquid), tomatoes,
salt and pepper. Cover; simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Source: a 70s Betty Crocker recipe