Favorite Chicken Tetrazzini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup sharp cheese, shredded
- 1 pint light cream
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 (4 to 6 pound) chicken
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- Saute butter, onion and pepper. Add tomatoes and seasonings. Cook slowly until
sauce thickens; add cheese and light cream with a pinch of baking soda, cooking
a little longer.
- Boil chicken. Cool, then pull pieces from chicken.
- Butter large casserole and line with part of the cooked spaghetti. Layer
chicken, tomato sauce, more spaghetti and cheese. Continue until all is
used, ending with sauce and topped with cheese.
Yields 8 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.