Fettuccine al Pesto
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped and firmly packed
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 pounds fettuccine, cooked
- Place all ingredients except fettuccine in a saucepan, adding the water last. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Keep sauce warm.
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Toss the sauce lightly with fettuccine and serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.