Fettucine Alfredo originated in Rome, Italy.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- A grating of fresh nutmeg
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring the cream and butter to a boil in a saucepan large enough to hold the cooked
- Reduce the flame to low and add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the cooked fettuccine and toss in the sauce.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and toss until the fettuccine are well coated and the sauce has thickened.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.