- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach,
cooked and chopped
- 3/4 pound bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
pound prosciutto or smoked ham, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4
cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound fettuccine,
cooked al dente
- Salt, if needed
- Pepper, if needed
- Melt butter in large pot. Add spinach, bacon and prosciutto or ham; mix well
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheese and cream in small bowl.
- When spinach-bacon mixture
is hot, add fettuccine and mix thoroughly to coat all strands.
- Add egg mixture and
heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Do not boil.
- Adjust seasoning,
- Add additional cream if mixture is too dry.
- Serve immediately.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.