- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 pound bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 pound prosciutto or smoked ham, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked al dente
- Salt, if needed
- Pepper, if needed
- Melt butter in large pot. Add spinach, bacon and prosciutto or ham; mix well and heat.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheese and cream in small bowl.
- When spinach-bacon mixture is hot, add fettuccine and mix thoroughly to coat all trands.
- Add egg mixture and heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Do not boil.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Add additional cream if mixture is too dry.
- Serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.