Fiery Pork Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red chiles
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- Grated Romano cheese
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring frequently, for
7 minutes until slightly undercooked.
- While spaghetti cooks, place pork and garlic in a large cold skillet. Cook over
high heat, stirring to break up chunks, for 3 to 4 minutes until pork is no longer
- Remove pork and garlic with a slotted spoon; reserve.
- Drain pasta; return to cooking pot. Add stock, pork mixture, chiles and basil;
toss over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside, uncovered, for 5 minutes before
- Toss and serve with grated Romano cheese and more chiles if desired.
Yields 4 servings